Welcome to your BMS Media Center
The Media Center is open Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M.- 3:10 P.M.
“Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all." —Henry David Thoreau
Dear Students and Parents,
Reading well is a fundamental tool of learning. In fact, one of the best ways to develop your reading comprehension, strengthen your reading fluency, and cultivate your vocabulary is to read during the summer.
The Media Center at BMS is pleased to kick off the Summer of 2017 with a Reading Challenge.
We would like each student to read for at least an 30 minutes each day during the summer! We encourage you to visit your local libraries and bookstores and start reading!
||Mrs.Christy Mooring is the Media Specialist at BMS. She earned a BSEd. in Education from the University of Georgia and an M.Ed. in Instructional Technology/Media Specialist from Georgia College and State University Mrs. Mooring loves to read! If you are searching for a great book, please ask for recommendations.
The Media Center is the hub for information and technology services at Bonaire Middle School. We are happy to provide a variety of resources (including books, magazines, and networked computers) for students and staff to use in their academic and leisure pursuits.
Policies and Procedures:
- Students come every other week with their language arts class and may come during homeroom with a pass.
- Books are checked out for a period of two weeks.
- When books are returned late, the student is responsible for paying a fine of ten cents for each day the book is overdue. Magazines and reference book fees are twenty-five cents per day when overdue.
- Students are not permitted to check out materials when they owe a fine or have an overdue book.
- A lost book is the responsibility of the student who cheked out the book. Students may pay the cost of the book or give a replacement.
Be sure to check out the link below or our LINKS page for great resources and access to our E-BOOK collection.