All BMS students need to purchase a Homeroom T-shirt that will be worn on FIERCE Festival/Competition Event Days. Each HR will have a different color shirt so they can group together easily when competing in various events.
When a Sick Child may Return to School
1. A child should be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning.
2. A child with strep throat must be on an antibiotic for 24 hours before returning.
3. A child with possible conjunctivitis (pink eye) must be seen by a doctor and may only return to school with a doctor's note.
4. A child with chicken pox may only return to school when all lesions have crusted over.
When to Keep a Child Home
1. A child has had a fever (100 degrees or more without the use of Tylenol, Advil or other fever reducing medications.)
2. A child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher.
3. A child is nauseous and/or vomiting and/or has diarrhea.
4. A child has been exposed to a contagious disease and is exhibiting signs/symptoms of the disease.