The National FFA Organization (formerly Future Farmers of America) envisions a future in which all agricultural education students will discover their passion in life and build on that insight to chart the course for their educations, career and personal future.
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
Prior to the school closing we handed out FFA officer applications to FFA members that are interested in serving our FFA chapter next year. Since school is going to be closed for an undetermined amount of time I am going to change the application submission process. If you have already filled out the paper application you may take a photo of your application and e-mail it to Mrs. Keily. If you have not already filled out the paper application you may e-mail your answers to Mrs. Keily. If you do not have a copy of the paper application the application and contract may be accessed in the document section of Mrs. Keily's teacher page found at this link https://bms.hcbe.net/cheralyn-keily
When you return to school, you will still need to turn in the officer contract portion of the application with the student's signature and the parent's signature.
Prior to submitting the application, both the FFA member and their parent should carefully review the officer duties and responsibilities to ensure that the member will be able to fulfill their commitment. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3, 2020. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
- 6th Grade SAE Categories and Examples.doc
- SAE Directions and Approval.doc
- SAE Project Grading Rubric.docx
- BMS SAE Record Book.doc
- 7th and 8th Grade SAE Categories and Examples.doc
- Veterinary Science CDE Species ID.pptx
- Junior Floriculture.ppt
- Junior Nursery Landscape.pptx
- Raising and showing rabbits.pptx
- Bonaire Middle School SAE Record Book FFA.doc
- FFA Membership Form.doc
- FFA Promotional Brochure.doc